Search

The Happiest Hour with Great Lakes Brewing Co

One of the best parts of the week is Friday night. When Friday comes, I get a rush of excitement just thinking about having the whole weekend ahead of me. As the clock ticks down, my toes start tapping as the anticipation builds. No matter what my plans are, I'm always super excited at the prospect of not needing to use an alarm clock or sit in rush hour traffic. As I drive home, the only thing I can think of it kicking off the weekend. One of my favorite ways to do that is Happy Hour. I love all kinds of happy hour, but my idea of a Happiest Hour is hanging out with friends (outdoors if possible) with a tasty beverage in hand.
We love to get together with friends, rotating houses each week.
Sometimes we'll have appetizers on the deck; other times we'll be cozied up by a roaring fire. It may be a pizza party or turn into a full-blown feast.
If the weather cooperates, we'll have a patio party or make a bonfire.
Sometimes our happiest hour takes place at the ballpark before a baseball game. Go Tribe!
The only things that are an absolute must are cold beverages, delicious food, and some of our favorite people.

Great Lakes beer has been a part of many of my happiest hours. There's a beer for every season, but summer happy hours are the BEST happy hours. Some of my summery GLBC favorites have been Glockenspiel, Grandos Lagos Lager and She Drives Me Hazy IPA - but these are not in their regular rotation. When I heard that they were releasing a new year round IPA, I couldn't wait to try it.
The new Great Lakes IPA celebrates the GLBC family of employee-owners. They crafted a lightly filtered, citrus-forward IPA that’s as bright and fun as the folks that work there. The label is one of their best - it features the family of employees, who became GLBC co-owners in 2018 thanks to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan introduced by founders Pat and Dan Conway. Doesn't this make you love Great Lakes even more?

This IPA is crafted with four different types of hops: Simcoe, Mosaic, Lemondrop, and Azacca. They enhance the citrus flavor even more by adding a bit of lemon. I really enjoy the brightness of the citrus balanced with the hoppy bitterness. It's refreshing but not sweet.

But you don't have to wait until the weekend for Happy Hour, and you definitely don't need to hold out until Friday for a nice cold beer. The Great Lakes IPA is light enough that you can enjoy them all week. It's a great thirst quencher after doing yard work, mowing the lawn, or a tough game of corn hole. Check out my hubby earning his Great Lakes IPA:

The flavors are not too bitter or overwhelming so it goes great with food too. Or IN the food. You can try my Boozy Beef Soup recipe for some cooking with beer inspiration. 
Or just use it as a sipper while grilling up a feast. My friend Michelle definitely deserves a Great Lakes IPA!
Head over to my Instagram page to find out how you can win some fun swag to make your Happy Hour even happier. Included in the swag bag are a t-shirt, pint glass, bottle opener and other surprises!

If you're in Cleveland, OH you can stop by the Great Lakes Brewpub for Happy hour Monday - Friday from 4-7 PM. You can also use this handy Beer Finder to stock up for your very own Happiest Hour. Follow Great Lakes Brewing Co on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Cheers!


** Disclosure: This post is part of a partnership with Great Lakes Brewing Co. 
All thoughts and opinions are my own. **

12 comments

  1. So great that they are adding a new year round option! And I haven't tried the seasonal you mentioned so will keep in eye out for them. I usually default to Dortmunder... Don't know why as they have so many great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many GLBC beers you definitely need to try some others. I love going there for the Pub Exclusives too - so many really good ones. Right now Glockenspiel and the Barrel Aged Blackout Stout on both on tap - yum!

      Delete
  2. Such a fun giveaway and post! I love Great Lakes, especially Chillwave. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chillwave IS really good! Have you ever been to the Burning River Fest? It's really fun! I hope you enter the giveaway :)

      Delete
  3. I love Great Lakes - & I feel like their beers are the best porch-sippers in towns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is something for everyone! I love that they so many styles of beer...and really well too!

      Delete
  4. I’ve been wanting to set up a monthly get together with friends since we’re always so busy and have trouble scheduling times to get together. Love that you and your friends get together every Friday. Looks like you have a lot of fun during your happy hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get together EVERY Friday, but we do it as much as possible. My friend Sarah hosts Supper Clubs every other month with different themes. They are SO much fun! They are the same weekend every time so it makes it easier to schedule around.

      Delete
  5. I really like IPAs, will need to try this one. Saving your boozy soup recipe for next winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that the alcohol content isn't too high. With the spring we've had, you may be able to make that soup sooner than that ha ha ha!

      Delete
  6. Love you, Crystal! I'm the same way...counting down 'til the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at ya Leah!!! Hope you have fun (I'm sure you have lots of fun planned)

      Delete